Innovative LiDAR Technologies: Optical Modules and Components for LiDAR Sensors
Delivering the Power of Light – For more efficiency, safety, and autonomy.
LiDAR sensors are a key technology of the future for process automation or highly automated, fully automated and autonomous driving. In conjunction with cameras and radar sensors, they perceive the surroundings, help with orientation, detect obstacles, measure distances - and thus ensure greater safety and efficiency on busy roads and in automated industrial environments.
Light Detection And Ranging in 3D: the key to fully autonomous driving
By generating precise 3D images of the vehicle or automation environment through thousands of distance measurements per second, 3D LiDAR sensors provide essential information for reliable object detection and collision avoidance. The optical LiDAR method allows higher spatial and depth resolution compared to radar sensors, is faster and less computationally intensive than camera technology and thus complements the vision of semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles or industrial installations.
Behind the simple-sounding method is high-tech: The exact interaction of laser, optics and detector of the transmitting and receiving unit of a 3D LiDAR sensor based on Flash, solid state, MEMS, or rotating mirror technology requires profound know-how in these disciplines. It is this combination of knowledge and practical experience that makes Jenoptik unique in this area.
As a leading photonic specialist, we enable our customers to create custom LiDAR sensors for challenging applications in the automotive, mobility, industrial automation, and safety & security markets. Our offer ranges from customized optical and opto-electronic components and assemblies for 1D to 3D LiDAR sensors (polygon and MEMS mirror based, Flash LiDAR, etc.) to integrated 1D laser rangefinder and test equipment for all types of LiDAR sensors. Embark on the journey with us and benefit from The Power of Light!
Customized 3D LiDAR sensor components and modules from a single source
The precise and efficient emission and detection of light is the key to complex LiDAR sensors, which are increasingly being tuned for performance, reliability, compactness and cost-effectiveness. Here, specialists like Jenoptik are in demand, who offer comprehensive know-how along the photonic chain from a single source: from laser technology to glass and polymer optics, electronics to assembly technology.
Our LiDAR components and modules on receiver and transmitter level for all common types of 3D LiDAR sensors are based on more than 40 years of experience and are tailored to the specific needs of our customers. As a partner to our customers, we offer solution-oriented consulting, development, production, and service from a single source. Our wide range of expertise and system competence already makes us one of the leading tier 2 suppliers for LiDAR sensor system suppliers in the automotive sector.
Laser rangefinder and modules (1D LiDAR) for demanding applications
For industrial automation and safety & security applications, we are a leading supplier of laser distance sensors and LiDAR sensor modules for demanding applications. When it comes to long range and high accuracy in reflectorless measurements on low-reflectance, natural surfaces, our products are in demand. Benefit from our experience!
Among our offers are:
- Customized receiver modules for all common 3D LiDAR sensor types (polygon and MEMS mirror based, Flash LiDAR)
- Customized transmitter modules for all common 3D LiDAR sensor types (polygon and MEMS mirror based, Flash LiDAR)
- Polymer optical components: High-precision polymer optics for series production. Aspheres, lenses, prisms, Fresnel lenses, free-form optics and MLAs
- Diffractive microoptics (DOEs): that you can use to shape and split laser beams in an energy-efficient manner
- Refractive microoptics (ROEs): For homogenizing light over a specific area and shaping laser beams with precision
- Diffusor optics for Flash-LiDAR sensors
- High-power diode lasers and laser modules for 3D-flash-LiDAR sensors
- Customized in-line test equipment for 1D and 3D LiDAR sensors
- Compact laser distance sensors and laser rangefinders with long measuring range on natural surfaces
- Unique photonic system competence: we combine deep experience in laser technology, optics and sensor technology in one house. This makes us a unique partner for manufacturers of LiDAR sensors.
- Customer-specific: tailor-made optical components, optomechanical assemblies for challenging LiDAR applications
- Solution-oriented: you do not want to know anything about lenses? We analyze your application and find a solution for you.
- Integrated solutions: complete technology chain from design to development, production, from a single source
- Vertical integration: from prototypes to mass production
- International: we are available for you worldwide
- Autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- Automation technology und Industry 4.0
- Process control, transport, and logistics
- Security and defense technology
- Traffic engineering and mobility